Can't Disable SLI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triple-X

In Runtime
Every time I turn on my PC I get this message:

SLI.jpg

I looked in the properties and it doesn't have anything that says I can disable/enable SLI. It only has some info on it. It's really annoying having to look at that every time I turn on my pc. Any ideas?

Check in the nVidia Control Panel. There should be a option to disable SLi.

I HAVE THIS SAME PROBLEM IT DOES THIS BY DEFAULT EVEN IF YOUR COMPUTER DOESNT SUPPORT SLI OR YOU DONT HAVE A SECOND CARD IN THE ONLY WAY TO FIX THIS IS TO APPLY A REGISTRY FIX HERE IS WAREZ'S REGISTRY FIX HE POSTED IT WILL STOP THE NVIDIA ICON FROM DISPLAYING ON STARTUP BECAUSE EVEN IF YOU DISABLE IT IN MSCONFIG IT WILL STILL COME BACK UP.

Warez Monster said:
This has gone on waaay to long :)

1) Remove the "NvMediaCenter" reference from the startup "Run" sequence.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
;"NvMediaCenter"="RunDLL32.exe NvMCTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit"
"NvMediaCenter"=-

As you can see from the above "example", the original reference is to initialize the tray icon automatically from the startup "Run" sequence when (re-)booting your computer (it is delineated with the semicolon). In the third line, the hyphen after the equal sign will remove that reference automatically.

2) Remove the "NvCpl.dll" reference from the nVIDIA "MediaCenterTray" registry entry.

;[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\MediaCenterTray\NvCpl.dll]
;"FullPath"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\NvCpl.dll"
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\MediaCenterTray\NvCpl.dll]

And from this example, you will see the original references (first two lines delineated with semicolons). It seems if they remain there, the taskbar icon will continue to reappear until the reference is completely removed, so to do this, the hyphen (just after the left square bracket) will remove the entire key. This is the step that most people have missed in their posts.

==========

NOTE: It is NOT necessary to remove all 3 nvidia driver references from the startup "Run" sequence. You only need to remove the taskbar initialization reference and the NvCpl.dll registry key.

==========

For easy copying and pasting, here is the complete registry entry for a .reg file (it also includes the registry entry for removing that incessant SLI notification):

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\MediaCenterTray]
"NvCplDisableBalloonNotifications"=dword:00000001

;[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\MediaCenterTray\NvCpl.dll]
;"FullPath"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\NvCpl.dll"
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\MediaCenterTray\NvCpl.dll]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
;"NvMediaCenter"="RunDLL32.exe NvMCTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit"
"NvMediaCenter"=-
"NvCplDaemon"="RUNDLL32.EXE C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup"
;"NvCplDaemon"=-
"nwiz"="nwiz.exe /install"
;"nwiz"=-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom