Cant delete Spysweeper

Status
Not open for further replies.

triskit

In Runtime
After dealing with spysweeper for a long time, ive decided that its too much of a hassle to deal with every time i turn on my comp. I tried deleting it through the Add/remove programs and directly through its "uninstall" icon, but in both cases it says that something does not exist and it wont uninstall. I tried reinstalling the program w. the disc and that didnt do anything either... finally, i tried just deleting everything, but the comp wont let me do that either... so what do i do?

What version of windows do you have? if your using XP try the change option.

Change what Option, be more specific with your reccomendations.

My suggestion would be to enter safe mode and then try to uninstall. If it still won't let you, go and shift delete the spysweeper Folder,
Then open up regedit, pull down the HKEY Local Machine Folder, Pull down the program folder from there, locate and delete the spysweeper folder.

Ste,

"Change what Option, be more specific with your reccomendations."

Opps, i was talking about the "change" option under Add/Remove programs.

Yea if the OS won't let you delete them normally, it's simply because the files are being used. Safe mode should let you delete them. If you don't find and remove the registry files however, you may get errors when you load or unload windows. You said you have a disc, did you buy the software then? If so email their support and demand they tell you how to remove their software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom