Can't delete files that are ready to be written to cd

Status
Not open for further replies.

memory

Daemon Poster
I am trying to help a family member figure out this problem. He is trying to burn some music files, about 3.5 gigs worth to a dvd using Windows utility. Somehow he has added the same folder twice which is too much to fit on a dvd.

This is where the problem comes in. For some reason, he can not delete the files that are ready to be written to the dvd. It says he does not have permission. He only has one account and it is the admin.

This is on a laptop running Windows 7.

I don't think Ccleaner would help in this situation, but who knows. That family member is probably used to whatever program he/she is using.

Is this a program, or just 7's standard burning capabilities?

Can you just exit out of that, and try to get back in and retry?

OPTION ONE:
From Computer Window

1. Open the Start menu, and click on the Computer button.

2. Right click on the CD or DVD drive and click on Delete temporary files.

3. Click on Yes to confirm deletion.

OPTION TWO:
From the Temporary Burn Folder

1. Open the Start Menu.
A) In the search line, type shell:cd burning and press Enter.

B) Go to step 3.

OR

2. Open Folder Options, and select (dot) Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
A) Open Windows Explorer and navigate to: C:\Users\(user name)\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Burn\Temporary Burn Folder

You will have a Temporary Burn Folder for each optical drive that you have installed in your system

3. Delete only the entire contents in the Temporary Burn Folder for the optical drive.

4. If you did step 2, then in Folder Options, select (dot) Don't Show hidden files, folders, and drives.

5. Close the Temporary Burn Folder window.

He is just using the Windows burning utility. Exiting out does not help.

CPierce, I already tried option one and that did not work. I am going to try option 2 when I go back out there.

Just an FYI that I just had this same problem. I used the option B as provided by CPierce but was still unable to delete the file by just pressing delete. I had to use a shift+delete to get rid of it.

*edit*
I spoke too soon. Once I tried to burn something and refreshed the window it came back. A reboot solved the problem for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom