Can't create recovery discs on HP Pavilion dv2000! Please help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawan AbuSalman

Daemon Poster
Hello..

I can't seem to create the recovery discs on my laptop!! I dont understand why HP decided not to include any recovery discs with the laptop, but rather a partition including the files and let you create them...

I run the Recovery Disc Creation wizard, it tells me that I need 7 CDs or 2 DVDs..it starts burnign the first DVD/CD...it reaches 100% and then goes into the Verification phase...THEN...the following error comes up:

Recording Failure when writing disc 1 (20)
Click Next to retry...

(Check uploaded screen shot)

I cannot get past that! and each time, it has to restart from the begining and start creatning disc 1 all over again!! I have over 10 dvds and cds that are good for nothing but coasters!! i think the data is there since it does reach 100%, but i cant seem to bypass verification to start copying the 2nd disc!!!

any help is much appreciated...

THank YOu

Attachments

• Recovery Disk Error.jpg
    Recovery Disk Error.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 5,537
Have you tried to turn of Varifacation? Other than that have you tried Norton Ghost or Acronis instead? Other than that you will have to contact HP to find out what to do.

No i couldnt turn off verification either!!

what do you mean "have you used norton ghost?"

Yes I did contact HP...but they werent of much help! All they said was to go and buy Recovery Discs...and Im not sure im ready to do that at the moment!!

thanx anyways....

Well Norton Ghost and Acronis can create images of your Hard Drive as it currently is. So you could use those apps to create a image of your drive. That way if something goes wrong you will have the discs necessary to recover your system.

Recovery drives are basically images of your drive upon recieving the PC. Vista doesnt have a repair option like XP did. It can do some basic functions but the recovery discs i dont think have that option to do the things like Vista can.

At least with the Clone image you can easily put back your PC to its current state and only have to backup your info that you add. But even that can be a pain. Unless someone has in depth knowledge of the HP recovery discs i dont know how you will achieve what you are looking for. If even the idiots at HP are not help.

The recovery discs are basically copies of the recovery partition, from what I understand (I've been told by some people their drive images, and some people that they're clean installs..but I guess I dunno). You might as well just use the recovery partition if you have to do a clean install recovery, because I think it's the easiest. But if you want to return your PC to a previous state, like others have said, use Norton Ghost or Acronis.

they can restore your computer to it's store bought state. something might be corrupt on your system. you can restore your computer and bypass the cds by hitting f10 or f11 when you first turn it on.

I would back that I386 folder on on your c drive along with your hp driver and app folders before I try it though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom