Can't change laguage pack

Crenewer

In Runtime
I'm fixing my friend's laptop, she was having problems with the OS so I formatted with Windows 7 Home Premium. The laptop previously had a pirated windows 7, but originally, it came with vista. To make it genuine, I first thought of installing vista, giving that there's a key under the laptop, but I have a key for Win7 Home Premium and then decided to go for that. Everything went well until I couldn't change the language to Portuguese. All the updates are installed, but still, it's not available. According to windows help, there's supposed to be additional information in the "Keyboards and Languages" tab:

http://i.imgur.com/eJedWlA.png

In "Change keyboards...", I already moved Portuguese up, I also deleted the English one.
On the PT windows website, the language pack for PT states "Any language (Ultimate or Enterprise)", and there's no download link, only a "know how" link. Does that mean it's not available for Home Premium? This sucks.
Thanks in advance.

The laptop specs, if they're any help:
Intel Pentium Dual CPU T2410 @ 2.00Ghz
3 GB RAM
x32 bit
Windows 7 Home Premium

Last edited:
Another thing I noticed, there were a few updates since I installed the OS, but shouldn't there be more? The Internet Explorer is still version 8. And what about that little icon with the message to upgrade to windows 10? It's not there. The Windows is activated; when I activated mine with the key, a lot of updates were installed until a newer version of IE and the icon were added.

Last edited:
Yes I tried, and as I stated before, there's no download link, only a "Learn how" link, and on that link, the page says to update but there's no updates available; though, this morning, a few updates were available, installing the service pack 1 and Security Essentials. But still no language. I'm gonna wait till the rest of the day if there's any more updates. Hopefully, the Language Pack will be available.
I installed 32bit 'cause that's the OS's system type, at least that's what the laptop system info says. Unless it's possible to install x64 on x32?

Last edited:
Yes I tried, and as I stated before, there's no download link, only a "Learn how" link, and on that link, the page says to update but there's no updates available; though, this morning, a few updates were available, installing the service pack 1. But still no language. I'm gonna wait till the rest of the day if there's any more updates. Hopefully, the Language Pack will be available.
I installed 32bit 'cause that's the OS's system type, at least that's what the laptop system info says. Unless it's possible to install x64 on x32?

Make sure you check for optional updates as well as the required ones.

The OS Type is the one that you chose to install - if you use a 64bit install disc for Win7 it would have worked as well. The keys are architecture independent - meaning you can install 32bit or 64bit.

Yes, I install the optional updates as well.
They both work? Oh well, it's too late now. I don't want to spend more time reinstalling the OS. My friend said I can take all the time, but I want to give it to her ASAP. But, is the system type the problem? Is the language only available for x64?

No the language packs aren't x64 only. Was more just curious why you didn't choose to install 64bit instead of 32bit, since there's really no reason not to go 64bit these days.

Back
Top Bottom