can't boot up computer!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

purplepots

Baseband Member
My computer was working perfectly and I decided I wanted to see if I could increase the performance of my computer by changing the settings in my bios. (My MB is an ASUS P4P800 with the American Megatrends bios.) I only changed 2 settings in the bios: Performance Mode from Auto to Turbo -AND- Memory Acceleration Mode from Auto to Enabled. Then, I saved the changes and exited the bios. The computer than looked like it was going to restart but the display stayed off and nothing further happened. I could hear the fans running but my monitor was apparently not recieving any signals. I thought that I could fix the problem by erasing the RTC RAM and so I followed the MB's manual for that process but it didn't work. When I turn on the computer, I can hear the fans, the hard drive light turns on, and the cd-rom lights flash for a couple seconds, but that's all... I'm not sure what to do next. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

have you tried taking the battery on your mobo out for a few mins to let the whole mobo bios reset itself?

U say that clearing the Cmos didn't work ... Are u sure u did it right ??

U'll find a jumper next to the CMOS ....which u can short to clear the bios ... alternatively ..u can take out the battery froma few minutes ..

Disconnect ur system from the power supply when ur doing this ...

Yup, I tried doing everything you guys suggested. Resetting didn't work, even with your instructions, but reseating the ram and video card solved it. Thank you soo much for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom