Can't Boot :( - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 02-23-2006, 05:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Can't Boot :(

Good day everyone!! I have a big little problem. Simply put i cant boot into windows. My computer was acting up so i was trying to see if i could create a partition because i have a backup image with norton ghost on my computer but i cant restore it because when i try to it says that it cant restore because it is on the same physical drive. So i came up with a smart idea and thought i would create a partition. But i did not know that i needed a program at first, so i popped in the windows xp setup disk and restarted my computer changed my boot order to cd first went into the repair thing and i typed chkprt which is check partition i thought i could create a partition like that and then i done a chkdsk just to make sure my hard drive didnt have any bad sector or anything. So i restarted my computer changed back the boot sequence and i cant boot it says it says disk drive not found. But i have a cd called the ultimate boot cd and i ran that and i looked to see if my boot.ini file is there and looks allright and it does then i looked to see if i could find stuff on the hardrive and everything is there. So i reboted again put in the windows xp setup disk ran the repair and done a fixboot and a fixmbr none of these done anything and here i am now absolutley clueless of what to do next. Oh by the way i think it might have been a virus because i opened a email by a mistake from an unknown sender and after that i done a system restore because i know that opening that email was a real big mistake and a system restore would cure it. Well i guess it did but i restored back to far and wanted to undo my last system restore but when i clicked on system restore nothing came up so i done a virus scan but nothing was found but then again the first thing these viruses do is turn off your anti-virus protection. The way i see it i have 1 option:

-Format my computer lose everything on there and make a partition before i install windows i have a 160gb so partition that into 3 so i could use my OS for 1 backups for 1 and music and pictures for the other.

Is there anything that i could do to fix this except the option that i gave???

Old 02-23-2006, 09:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris

how are you getting to the image?

Old 02-24-2006, 05:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I have a ultimate boot disk and it starts up just like windows but it is not windows and it has programs on thier that allow me to do things. But i burnt all my music and pictures to a dvd with a program on the ultimate boot disk. So i guess i will just format my hardrive.
Closed Thread