Can't access windows 2000 after software install...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr. tech said:
Can I just uninstall the drivers when I finally get into the HD?

Because of those different drivers, is that why it wont boot?

more than likely, thats why it wont boot, im almost 100% sure

Just thought I'd let you know Win XP is installing and it seems to be going fine... I hacked the BIOS without any trouble... Lucky I had a HD with win 98 that worked on that machine other wise I wouldn't have been able to load the BIOS crackers onto it...

I'll let you know if I have anymore probs. Cheers bro.

Yea I did.

W00t! It's now working... All's good... IOnly problem is I have to install all the software again... Blah... Oh well.

Thanks for your help Warez! You're a champ. Cheers bro ;)

pfft... dude, there is only one common problem here... and I think it's the mtoehrboard...

Once again my computer has stuffed... Different operating system, different HD.... here's what's happening now...

I installed XP with no dramas...

I then installed an antivirus program fine

I then installed Sygate Personal Firewall... It gave me an error and didn't end up installign correctly... I didn't take much notice because just after that I had to restart my computer because windows udpate had downloaded it's newsest download software...

When the computer was restarted I installed Micrososft Office 2000. Half way through the installation stuffed up... I then tried again and it installed ok.

I then went back in to uninstall Sygate Personal Firewall to do a fresh install ebcause it wasnt working properly...

The computer froze and gave me some error after about 5 minutes on a blue background with white writing. That's where my troubles began. Ever since then the compuetr sometimes freezes...

I then tried to do a CHKDSK on the HD to make sure there where no errors on it... The first time it got to stage 4 and stayed on 0 percent for 5 minutes. It then gave me a HARD ERROR message (white writing, blue background).

I tried that same rpocess once more and again on stage 4 it gave me a different error... DRIVER_UNLOADED_WITHOUT_CANCELLING_PENDING_OPERATIONS

whoop whoop my life is fun. What do you suggest I do? Is the motherboard gone?

Thanks for your help/

did you do an install of xp service pack 2. if you did you should disable xp firewall before you installed another one.

search this forum for the techie tool kit thread and download the cd

no I did not install service pack 2... I've requested the techie tool kit. Thanks

Any idea what the problem could be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom