Can't access My Documents Folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

ankit3000

Baseband Member
Well, frankly, I don't know where this post belongs, so I am just posting it here.

Basically, my laptop got some problems. I think it was some motherboard thing. Anyways, I decided to send it to get repaired. However, before I sent it, I took out my hard disk, and put it in an external hard disk case. So now, I am connecting the hard disk to my other computer through the USB port. I am able to access every single file I have except those in Documents and Settings/ankit3000/My Documents/. Whenever I try to open that file, it says access is denied. Sadly, all of my school work is in the my documents folder. I basically need help in being able to access it so that I can finish some work.
Any help is appreciated.

Edit: I tried booting the computer up with my laptop's hard disk. The windows splash screen comes, but nothing happens after that, so I think that that way is closed to me.

Thanks for the help carnage...this is a lifesaver.
Now I have another question. When my laptop gets back from repairs, and I put my hard drive back in, will I need to go through these steps again on my laptop? Is there a way to copy files from the My Documents folder, and then change the permissions back to the way they were before?
Thanks for the help in advance.

You shouldn't have to take ownership of the folder again on the laptop since that was the original owner. If for some reason it gives you an error, then you will have to. I haven't had to do it before, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom