can't access the internet anymore

chara33

Daemon Poster
I have a dual boat system with windows 8 and windows 7 on it. Windows 7 has access to the internet without issue. When I try going on the net vis firefox or IE i am unable to access the net. This tells me there is no issue with cable or the router or the net card. When I boot up on win 8 i get the following error:

I1FAiD8.jpg

Could any of this be causing my issue with connecting to the net. I looked under services and do not see a service called "base filtering engine" or "Ipsec policy agent" listed. The other is started and enabled.

If that is not the issue connecting to the net, what could be?

thx

Last edited:
Press; Windows Key+R and type "msconfig"
Under the general tab, under "Startup Selection", is normal startup checked? If so, go to the "services" tab. Make sure all the services there are enabled.

Also, press Windows-key+R and type "services.msc" and press Enter and check to see if those services that the error listed are running or not. Make sure their startup type is also set to "Automatic".

Also, press Windows-key+R and type "services.msc" and press Enter and check to see if those services that the error listed are running or not. Make sure their startup type is also set to "Automatic".

I looked under services and do not see a service called "base filtering engine" or "Ipsec policy agent" listed.

I hope you do not mind Charra33, but I'll post your question here for the benefit of others
Hi Joe,
I saved the 2 files to my desktop. What do i need to do now, Just click on it and then what happens? plz

right click on the .reg files and select "Merge" it will ask you if you want to put this file into your registry, select yes. Then add the permission that's outlined in the link I posted

Last edited:
I hope you do not mind Charra33, but I'll post your question here for the benefit of others

right click on the .reg files and select "Merge" it will ask you if you want to put this file into your registry, select yes. Then add the permission that's outlined in the link I posted

Joe, I received this message "The IKE and AuthIP IPsec Keying Modules service depends on the Base Filtering Engine service which failed to start because of the following error: Access is denied."

Base filtering service started without issues. Now what do i do plz?

thx

Back
Top Bottom