Can't access the internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tshimega

Solid State Member
Hi...

Yesterday I found that my computer has been infected with spy and ad softwares. It was so slow and I decided to free some space by deleting programs using the "Add/Remove Programs" icon in the control panel. There were also a like 10 programs with the name "Windows 2000 Hotfix KB825119" of which I deleted. I dont know how they got there but I guess they were maybe installed by my little brothers. Now the problem is when I click on the internet Icon it does open but when I specify an address like "www.yahoo.com"...I get the result on the address bar like ...."
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\www.yahoo.com" and on the screen it says "The page cannot be displayed" but when I open an msword document and type a location the click on it, it does open...Please help...I think i might have deleted some importaant files...

Thanks

Tshimega...South Arica

and no crossposting in these forums

try pinging a website also, go in start-run-cmd
and type ping www.google.com
and c if u get a response

also what are the systems specs, what connection and all?

just so you know system restore wont restore the other uninstalled programs that are not apart of the XP system files, like say a text doc that you types up. itll help with the hotfixes, but not the other programs unless they are system file updates.

yeah, just goto start, programs, accessories, system tools and backup... but you have to have a back up made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom