marek.generowicz

Baseband Member
For a few days now i canot acess the server after it was rebooted,

the server has 2003 installed,

the domain user are registed on this server, but this part works fine
all users can log in as usual.

ut when i try and acess the server for admin porposes

"this computer canot conect to the remote computer

Try conecting again. if the problem continues contact the owner of the remote computer or your network administrator "

Make sure Remote Desktop is enabled, the service is on and Remote Desktop users have been defined.

Hello,

Contact the IT Dept. Find out what updates were done to the Server and if anuy of those updates are conflicting with the Remote Connection.

Cheers,
Mak

the problems found

"Self-update not working"

"Dynamic registration or deregistration for one or more DNS records failed with the follwowing error:
No DNS servers configured for our localsysteem"

"The DNS server was unable to complete directory service enumeration of zone .. This DNS server is configured to use information obtained from Active Directory for this zone and is unable to load the zone without it. Check that the Active Directory is functioning properly and repeat enumeration of the zone. The event data contains the error. "

I don't think thats it. If users can connect but you cant, might be an issue with your permissions. Have you check them yet? Where are you checking for the permissions at?

Can any other group of admins connect? Can users see their network drives? Can you see the network drives?

I don't think thats it. If users can connect but you cant, might be an issue with your permissions. Have you check them yet? Where are you checking for the permissions at?

Can any other group of admins connect? Can users see their network drives? Can you see the network drives?

None of the users can connect.not even admins except if we sit directly behind the server

we all see network drives
so can i, we can even add new ones

yes i can connect to the networkdrives

its not a permission issue i have full admin rights

using this server to connect to another server using "remote desktop Connection" does work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom