Canoot repair install and neigther access Windows XP. Need help fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sahibvirk

Solid State Member
It all started whenmy Outlook Express got currupted. I could no more revieve or send messages. I had to fid a way to repair it. I found a way to repair it on the following site:
http://www.theeldergeek.com/repair_reinstall_ie_and_oe_6.htm

I followed the Method-II given on this website. I changed the Registry values as stated in the Steps. Did nothing wrong. Just follwed the given steps. Then restarted my computer. And then I installed the Internet Explorer from a Microsoft Works CD that I had. Then I again restarted my computer.

And woalla:-
Things go wrong when you least expect it.
My computer passed the loading screen. And then started showing up diffrent kinds of error messages. I kept clicking on OK and everytime a new error showed up. And at the end I reached nowhere but asytem initiated restart. The following is the order in which the errors showed up:-

1.winlogon.exe - Entrypoint not found.
AssocGet Percieved Type could not be located link library SHWAPI.dll.

2Services.exe - Entrypoint not found.

3.savedump.exe - Entrypoint not found.

4.lsass.exe - Entrypoint not found.

5.The logon user interface DLL msgima.dll failed to load.

6.Mpfservices.exe - Entrypoint not found.

I replaced the SHWAPI.dll with a one that I copied from my friends computer.
And this time I reached the logon screen. But nowhere further. I typed explorer.exe in the task manager run program and pressed enter. Now I reached the desktop but could not do anything, even the mouse click diud not work.

Then I tried every other posible way of accessing windows including safe mode. I had no other option than repair installing my Windows XP installation. The option of repair install did not show up. I started repair console and entered fixboot and bootcfg/rebuild command. And now the repair install option showed up. I started the repair install.

It said:-
"Please wait while Windows XP installs. Setup is copying files to windows installation folders. This might take several minutes."
And after several minutes it did complete 100%.

Then it said:-
"Please wait while setup initialises your Windows XP configuration."

And as I said : Things go wrong when you least expect it.
An error popped up and said:
"Setup cannot set the required Windows XP configuration information. This indicates an internal Setup error. Contact your system administrator."
F3=Quit"

I pressed F3 to quit. An it said:
"Windows XP has been installed properly. Your computer will reboot in 10 seconds."

The system rebooted and the windows loading screen completed. mAnd here comes the latest problem.d the same problem again.I got the famous "Blue screen of death error screen". And had to restart to find the same problem again and again and again. No matter how many times I go for repair install again the same problems show up.

I went to the MS site:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=316425
to find information about my error. But the solution is something that I can not just use since I can not access my Windows XP.

Please HELP!!!!!

use a bart pe cd to copy your important files and then do a fresh reinstall (delete the old windows partition)

did you add any new hardware recently? and did you try to overclock before it happen?

I'm thinking that he got a virus in outlook or he jacked up the registry without making a backup

Well is there no other way!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there no other way. I will have to install so many softwares again.

Well I did not add any hardware recently. Exept for I got my ram changed since the erlier one got damaged.

Well I will remove all my external hardware and then try again.

And what is this overlocking stuff.

And no I did not do anything else in the registry exept for what was asked to do on this page:
http://www.theeldergeek.com/repair_...ie_and_oe_6.htm

And there way no virus in outlook. Infact erlier I used to have a problem of automatic startups. And that damaged outlook files. But this was solved when I changed my ram.

Thanks for the helping stuff..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom