cannot uninstall yahoo messenger

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the uninstall process went thru in Safe Mode and it still wont install then it is something left over in the Registry. At that point you would have to go back to Safe Mode and use Revo Uninstaller. That also removes Registry entries unlike the Windows Uninstaller.

thanks for your answers. I did try Trillian, but what really interests me in yahoo messenger is the email notification and the little icon on the windows bar. I've tried other mail notifiers but that seems to be the most useful to me, since I don't always have a browser window open. so I'll see if I manage some other way of installing it... I've just noticed on my windows bar below that there's a little icon pointing out "windows messenger 97% installed", even though apparently the installation was completed, so I suppose that is why it doesn't work...

I uninstalled with Revo in Safe mode, removed everything from the Registry and installation does not complete. As you probably noticed, I have no idea why this happens and why something so trivial as messenger can't be installed on my laptop...:confused:

Are you trying to install Yahoo Instant Messenger or the Windows Live Instant Messenger? IF so which version and from where did you download it from?

I use Yahoo widgets to check my Yahoo email on my desktop. They even have one for Gmail, so I am completely covered.

Since I use Firefox, I have the Yahoo Mail Notifier and Gmail Notifier extensions installed. They check my email every five minutes while I have my browser open. ;)

You can install Windows Live Messenger as that also works with Yahoo Contacts.

yes, I know that it also works with yahoo contacts, but I find the notifications very useful. I'll try to find a way around it. If not, I will settle for one of the other notification systems...

Well your only hope will be to try Safe Mode for everything. Uninstall it there and try the install there as well. Could be a driver or something is preventing it from finishing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom