cannot uninstall yahoo messenger

Status
Not open for further replies.

mar_esteves

Solid State Member
Hi
I had yahoo messenger installed on this laptop, with Vista, but when it got down to using it, it didn't react, so I tried uninstalling it from the control panel but it just gets stuck and does not finish uninstall. At the same time, I also tried installing it again and it doesn't finish the installation.
Could you help?

Thanks
M

thanks, but it gets stuck exactly at the first step, as when I tried uninstalling from contro panel, when it starts running the uninstallation...

Go to the C:\Program Files\Yahoo IM and see if they have the uninstaller in there as well. Try that. If that still fails try it from Safe Mode.

there is an unyt file but i think it's just to uninstall the toolbar. I should start the PC in safe mode then? could you orient me on that?

I 've looked up how to start windows in safe mode. Do i then just follow the same steps to uninstall - from the control panel?

Sorry about the delayed response. Was working on another project.

To get into Safe Mode hit F8 after the BIOS splash screen and should bring up the Advanced boot menu options. There you should see Safe Mode listed.

I would boot into Safe Mode and from there try the Control Panel method of uninstall first. See if it will work. If not then i would try Revo Unisntaller from Safe Mode.

hi,

I did that and managed to uninstall it.
Now im' trying to isntall it anew, a version I have just downloaded and it just does not complete the installation. At what seems to be the final step it just gets stuck on 99% and simply does not finish it.
Any ideas? could it be I should download an older version?

Could be a corrupt entry in the registry.
Is there a repair option available during installation?

Tkey

nope. the installation actually finished till 100%, yahoo messenger is installed on my PC but it simply does not react whenever I click the icon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom