CanNOT Send eMails From Within OE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarkRiver

Beta member
Outlook Express gave me an Error Message last week that said my hard drive was too full and I needed to free up some space before it could send my eMail. I did this, but OE still doesn't send my eMail. I can save them as a Draft, but can never actually send them.

Also, and this seems like it started at the same time so perhaps these two problems are related, when I try to move an eMail from my Hotmail Bulk Mail (using OE) I get an "Unexpected Error" message. I know the file is actually moved as it shows up where I dragged it to, but IF I leave the Bulk Mail screen ALL OF THE OTHER BULK MAILS DISAPPEAR! And they're NOT in the Deleted Items Folder!! They're just GONE!!

I know enough now to just go about moving eMails from Bulk Mail as I used to do without paying any heed to the "Unexpected Error" message. But sure wonder why this is happening AND it's potential relationship to my much B-I-G-G-E-R problem of not being able to send out eMail at all!

Thanks! in advance for any help you may offer!!

i thought that Hotmail doesn't offer pop and smtp services. how can you access Hotmail e-mail on OE in the first place???

subdivizion said:
i thought that Hotmail doesn't offer pop and smtp services. how can you access Hotmail e-mail on OE in the first place???

You can...it's an option when you create a new account. (Tools, Accounts, Create New). It even gives you the little MSN butterfly next to Inbox...I use OE for my hotmail and it works fine....

As for the harddrive problem...Go start, run, copy and paste:

%systemroot%\inf

Find the file oeaccess.PNF, and I think that has the necessary info to re-download...

(I could be way mistaken, but I believe that is what you do..)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom