Cannot log into Windows, Partition Magic unable to read batch file...

Status
Not open for further replies.

morgie

Beta member
Hi guys, I would really appreciate any help on the following. I had a machine which only hard drive (running Win. XP Pro. SP2) was labled as "E". I changed this to "C" using Partition Magic 8, now when I try and boot the system I get the following error:

partitionmagic (xmnt2002.exe)

PartitionMagic is unable to read the batch file.

Verifiy that the system32 directory is not compressed or corrupt.

press any key to continue.

Once I press any key it says it's completed and then just hangs, I don't get to the Windows log on screen I have tried several things but got no where. I have a copy of Bart PE so can boot using this and edit the registry if need be but have had no success in what I have tried.

Thanks for reading this and if you think you can help please do, really appreciated! I have limited time to sort this as I leave this wkend :rolleyes: :(

Do you have the Partition Magic floppydisks?
If not, get them...should be somewhere on the internet.

Maybe you can use the XP disc to fix this.

Thanks very much for the reply :)

No I don't have them :( Maybe I can recreate them on this (another) machine?

I am sure there must be something I can edit in the registry or in the System32 folder??

morgie said:
Thanks very much for the reply :)

No I don't have them :( Maybe I can recreate them on this (another) machine?

I am sure there must be something I can edit in the registry or in the System32 folder??

But I tohught you said you can't log onto Windows, how could you edit your registry without logging in?

-Dan The Man

Dan, I can edit the registry by booting using Bart PE - it's like a separate OS - very useful.

I may try and make the disks then, or just slaves it on another machine, copy the data and then reinstall Windows I guess. Any other solutions still very welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom