Cannot install windows updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

NZ-Disciple

Baseband Member
Strange thing occurred today. I clicked on windows update and went to install some after SP1, and I got 2 windows come up for downloading updates. When I closed one it said after a minute that my updates were ready to install. After trying to install for 40 minutes on 1 out of 23 or so... I had to cancel the operation. Now everytime I boot up it changes my update preference (automatically install) to turn off auto update. Also when I switch it back to automatically download the shield comes up in the lower right and says updates ready to install... but when I do it tells me they all have failed to install. Even if I go to the website it does the same thing.

Can someone help me? I havew even tried to system restore back to SP1 and install over again, but then it says that SP1 cannot install due to not being able to verify the .inf file. Please help, I just did a fresh install and don't want to have to do it all again...

to use the slipstream, once you made it, I beleive that you have to reinstall xp.

what error did you get when you went to the web site,,, or was that what you were talking about it took a really long time ?

the errors are hard to see they are near the bottom and are usually 0x8xxxxxxx something, after you get the page stating that the update can not continue or what ever.

Right now I have the shield in the lower right side saying Installing updates.. it's been there for about 4 hours now. When I go to the MS website to download I have 23 updates to download. When I click on install updates.. they all show up in the window in bold saying failed to install. Every time I reboot, my automatic updates switches to turned off. Basically my question is.. is there a way around this so I can update my comp to current witout having to reinstall windows and start over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom