Cannot install some security updates - Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leady4

Baseband Member
My computer is relatively up to date with the majority of updates from Micr@soft but I cannot install certain updates for Office 2003.

Security Update for Excel 2003 (KB925257)
Security Update for Outlook 2003 (KB924085)
and Update for Outlook 2003 Junk Email Filter (KB925534)

I have a feeling that I may have deleted either something out of the registry or certain files required for the update with CCleaner by mistake

Anyone help please.

Thanks in advance

Leady4

talldude123 said:
Umm...Is your version of Office 2003 legal? Microsoft won't provide updates if you didn't buy it.

If It was an illegal copy they wouldnt have been able to download and install other updates now would they???.......

Yes all is legit.
The full suite.
As is Win XP Pro.
All other updates have installed but not these 3.
It tries to install but everytime it initializes the updates it just comes back with an error saying unable to install and then the annoying little shield appears again (about 5 minutes later) at the bottom telling me to go through the whoile process again that still doesn't work time after time after time.
I must have tried 10 times now and have even gone to M$ site to try doing it manually from Office upgrade.

Can't understand why it wont work

Could do but aint that just hiding the problem? :) I was hoping for a solution that would enable me to install the updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom