Cannot install programs comp. always asks for cd

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitedove

Baseband Member
I have a dell computer with 128 mb of ram. When I install games need for speed high stakes, star trek captains chair etc. I always click on full install. I've always done this on other computers with no problem. With this new computer it says install successful but when I try to play the games it says cannot find the game cd and wont let me play the game until I put the CD in. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks Whitedove

maybe 128 mb of ram is just too low for any game out there today? isnt the minimum requirement.... 512?

How's your hard drive space? Maybe you are running low on space and the program wasn't able to do a full install and that's why it's asking you for the CD.

Also are these the original games or copies? You don't have to answer that, but a lot of copied games will not play without the CD or the original CD for that matter. Although there are always "fixes" out there that will let you bypass that and let you run from the hard drive

THe games are originals. I don't know about the hard drive space I'll check that out.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom