Cannot go online after installing SP2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murdoc

In Runtime
Hello, my friend just recently installed SP2 on his computer... but for some odd reason, after installing SP2, all internet activities on his computer no longer works. He is on a router with his brother and his brother's computer can go online... However, his own computer cannot at all.. I've already told him to turn off his firewall but it didn't fix the problem...

he can't even surf the web with IE. does anyone know how to fix? Please respond fast!! urgent!!

Does he have an ip address? Go to cmd and type ipconfig /release then ipconfig /renew. You might need to reset the router and modem

I had the exact same problem with my netgear wireless router. i had to update the network adapter drivers to SP2 compatable ones. use your other comp. to get em and use a flash drive to move em across. i hoep this helps, cus it was a big pain in the ass for me seeing as i had no other way of downloading new drivers!

joe

turtile said:
You should also check if the connection is blocked in the windows firewall.

he already stated that he has done that.

the sp2 likes to make sure u have updated drivers. in other words if they are not updated it doens't use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom