cannot get windows update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rude Question Time.....

Is your windows CD legit?
Are you using the lisence key on the side of your Dell PC? (that should be legit)
Have you activated your copy of windows? I have found that windows will not update easily until you activate.

Do you have a Anti-Virus installed? Have you been surfing the web while not having a Anti-Virus installed? Sounds like a browser hijack to me. Go through Osiris's Guide.

Osiris Spyware Guide

Rude Question Time.....

Is your windows CD legit?
Are you using the lisence key on the side of your Dell PC? (that should be legit)
Have you activated your copy of windows? I have found that windows will not update easily until you activate.

yes the CD is legit, but i am using the Dell disk that they supplied me to do the full system re stall

Do you have a Anti-Virus installed? Have you been surfing the web while not having a Anti-Virus installed? Sounds like a browser hijack to me. Go through Osiris's Guide.

Osiris Spyware Guide

i have AVG free installed that was the first thing i did before going anywhere else on line

I would run Malwarebytes just in case. This is most definitely a browser hijack. Just have to figure out why.

it wont let me get onto the malwarebites page iether

Is there a free browser high jack removal tool anywhere

Hefe already gave you a link to that service in post #10. That is the only service Tech-forums offers in regards to someone taking remote actions with your PC. For your protection and ours.

I have spent the day trying to get a solution but to no avail, it does not matter what security download i try it wont let me, even the ones in the links people have supplied here.
I don't have any spare money to pay for on line help with this matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom