Cannot find server: new build

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScttLee

Solid State Member
I just did a clean install of XP Pro 64X on a new system. I cannot access the internet, broadband LAN. I get "cannot find server" or if I type a web site in, "cannot detect a connection".

AFter installing XP, I have done and checked the following. Installed the CD chipset, the BIOS LAN is enabled, the green light is on in the LAN port, and ran the internet wizard. I disconnected/connected the broadband box power, ran network troubleshooter (LAN detected and passed), Under device manager no yellow question marks beside the ethernet.

MOBO: Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L
Internet: Broadband cable LAN

Any suggestions?

Also try to reset your router and modem. It might not recognize the Ethernet card on the new machine and is blocking it from accessing the net. I had this happena couple of times when taking the wire from my old machine and jsut plugging it into my new mahcine.

It is now working. Prevoiusly, I disconnected the power for 2 minutes with no luck. I disconnected everything for 30 minutes while I rearranged my work area, and when I plugged everything back in, ir was working.

Thanks for all your advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom