Cannot find kdcom.dll? Darn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroOrNothing

Beta member
I have recently built a PC out of some mediocre spare parts and some new parts I ordered online. All of the parts are standard and the PC seems to be working fine. I purchased a copy of Windows XP Pro SP2 to install on it, but everytime the installer wants to start up, I get an error code that reads as follows:

"File \i386\KDCOM.DLL could not be loaded.
The error code is 7

Setup cannot continue. Press any key to exit."

So, this PC is essentially useless unless I can install Windows on it. Any advice for a diognostics look over? Any help would be greatly appriciated.

could be bad disk, cdrom drive, or memory? test disk in another pc, maybe swap a known good cdrom in, test your memory or swap with known good.

usually how it was burned, im guessing its a burned copy? illegal or not i dont care lol
pm me or IM me i might help you :)
specially if its a real copy of xp

Thanks for the responce. I replaced the CD Drive, being that the RAM was new and the drive was a spare part. It worked wonderfully. Guess the laser is dirty in that drive or something. I will clean it. Anywho, thanks the quick responce.

Cheers! :)

np at all man, i was thinking that but i was like he said new so i was like the cd drive would be good...
sorry bout the mistake and np at all for the response :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom