cannot download a child's game from her cd

Status
Not open for further replies.

baby_lovecats

Beta member
I have been trying everyway I know to download a game for my child from a newly purchased cd...Petz5. My cd-rom will not autorun (file name keeps coming up incorrect after various attempts). I went into My computer, clicked on setup and nothing works. I am at my wits end here...please someone help; she will want to play this thing in the morning! Thanks a bunch!

You may have a bad copy or some bad scratches, have you tried using it on another PC? What version of Windows are you running on that machine it won't work on?

Also, if you can try it on another machine and it works then it could be that the machine you are trying to run it on has an OS/hardwares compatibility issue or your CD/DVD rom is faulty.

yeah it sounds like a compatibiluty isssue. i wish i could help you but have you tryed going to mycomputer > drive d> installation?

I have tried going to my computer, I have followed the installation directions exactly, I have tried to run autorun from the run program at the start menu,; have typed in setup.exe; double clicked on icons, and still nothing. I am running WinXP. I only have one computer to work with, so it is not possible to try installation on another one. How do I check for compatibility? What does OS/hardware mean? This cd was purchased from Staples yesterday in a sealed box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom