Cannot delete WindowsXP Screensavers - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 02-26-2004, 07:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Unhappy Cannot delete WindowsXP Screensavers

Does anyone out there have any idea how to delete all those awful default screensavers that came with WindowsXP? There are about 4-5 that clutter up my screensaver choice menu and I would love to get rid of them but Bill Gates thinks otherwise, bless his heart.

As soon as you delete them, slide them to your trash can, rename name them or otherwise put a hex on them, they magically appear again, in tact, at the end of your list of files. Augh! Talk about road rage with no wheels.... LOL

Anyway, I would be eternally grateful, or at least embarrassingly appreciative, if you would email directions on how to get rid of the offending screensavers.

Any ideas? Hurry, now, my blood pressure is in the danger zone... LOL

Donna from Texas

Old 02-26-2004, 08:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Talking Maybe

I just deleted channel.scr.Lets see if it comes back from the dead.
I have Wme.

Old 02-26-2004, 09:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default No doubt about it...

If your operating system (ME) works like the WindowsXP, it will replace any removed/deleted/renamed files in the c:\windows\system32 folder before you can blink an eye...that's how fast it was. Grrrrrrrrrrrr....Windows can just drive me to drink sometimes! LOL

Thanks for trying though....anybody else out there with help?

Donna @ Defcon 4 now (about to launch the bomb LOL)
Old 02-27-2004, 04:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Talking Thank you so much!

I appreciate the information! I downloaded the program, but have not gotten to try it yet, but I was VERY impressed with the list of features you provided me. How thoughtful! I can't tell you how very much I appreciate your taking the time to let me know about this marvelous program. I am very in to customization on my pc and just hate it when Bill tries to do it for me! LOL

I was amazed to find that this incredible software is free. Another plus!

THANKS again for generously using your time to respond to my plea for help! I will let you know how it works after I try it.

Have a great weekend!

Closed Thread