cannot delete a file from my external hard drive...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pvillesoccer08

Beta member
hi im new here but i have a file on my external hard drive that i want to delete but everytime i try it says cannot delete b/c another person or program is using it. i checked and nothing i can think of is using this file, so idk y it wont let me delete. all my other files on the drive i can delete so please help if you can. thank you

I have a file from Ares I DL'd yesterday which is not only doing what you describe on this post, but it also seems to be bottle-necking my system when I try to delete/touch/breath on it.

The file is called the devils rejects dvdrip - 696401825 - the devils rejects. I should have known better not to touch that one with those numbers in it, but my nephew was over and wanted to see it...

Also, after the failed renaming/deletion, I tried see if I could move the file, which I managed to do, but now I have this file stuck in My Documents...(I win the Darwin Award for that one), as well as still having the original in my shared folder. When going into My Documents now, I have a hard time loading it, and at times it wont close(not responding), and have to 'exit now' it.

I would also like to know how to delete or isolate this file without having to lose everything by re-formatting.

BTW, happy new year!

Just tried a system restore on 2 different dates and it's telling me I can't restore to those points....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom