Cannot connect to internet

heresjaken

Baseband Member
I have 3 PC's hanging off a switch in another office and they cannot connect to the internet. They can ping google(ping google.com) so dns is working, I put in a new switch, that didnt make any difference. I can ping the default gateway(The router). The DNS server is on the domain controller and it is working fine and can browse the internet. The gateway on the server is the same as the one on the desktops.
Any ideas on what could be the problem??

Hey.
IP is given by DHCP or you use Static method.
Just for curiosity try to connect with that switch PC which works fine on other switch. :)
Print screen and post adapter "Details..." window.

Hey.
IP is given by DHCP or you use Static method.
Just for curiosity try to connect with that switch PC which works fine on other switch. :)
Print screen and post adapter "Details..." window.
Yeah from dhcp from windows server. Its ok found the probem, it was coming from a 48 port netgear switch so i handballed it off to some networking guys to figure out, i think there may have been some dodgy sort of access list or something blocking http packets... not sure though

We bring to our office new HP switch. Strange things was happen, switch ant get IP correctly - it was getting IP from DHCP range but not Static IP which was assign by switch MAC at DHCP server. All things was repaired after plugging incoming network connection to 1 st. switch port.
We have server HP too, server have 4 ports, just one port (1 st.) can get IP address through DHCP server. Maybe it is just a default settings...
As i understand now your switch is at network guy, write a post what the problem was. Maybe there was a same problem i had - switch ant get IP addresses from DHCP server.

Back
Top Bottom