Cannot configure wireless connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperTyphoon

Solid State Member
I have this one computer in my house that uses a Motorola wireless adapter to connect to an 802.11g network through a router. However, recently, the computer acted up. I reformatted it, and reinstalled the adapter software. However, i cannot access its control panel to configure any options. This i have no explanation for. I have no option to make windows use its own controls instead of the software's because i have no connection (see next paragraph).

On top of that, Windows (SP2) is not letting me configure a wireless connection. I press setup a wireless connection and enter the SSID (named Wireless) but it doesn't do anything. I have no options to configure which networks to connect to. For example, in the wireless connection box, it will not let me choose preferred networks because it says there is no connection.

In the network connections window, all i have is 1394 connection and local area connection (disconnected). No wireless connection, no matter how many times i set one up.

What i don't know is if this is a problem related to the adapter or windows. I would think it is the adapter since i just reformatted windows to factory conditions, and the problem persisted.

Thanks very much.

try to install your wireless adapter driver and restart your computer and test it again weather it work or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom