Cannot boot Windows XP Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

thrawn888

Beta member
i found another thread with someone having a similar issue to mine but i decided to post anyway.

Just the other day my pc was acting slow and froze so i figure no big deal ill just restart it, but after i restarted it the part where it loads or boots windows is just a black screen and it stays like this and i dont know why.

Iv thought i either need to fomat it, or i fear the motherboard or Hard drive itself are dead i hope the last 2 are wrong.

I have been unable to format yet because i still need the raid driver for my SATA hard drive to be detected because my current disk is corrupted.

But does anyone have an idea what is wrong with mine? And how to fix it, and finally if i need to format is there a way to save the data on my hard drive?

I actually was having this same exact problem the last few days on my home PC. I resorted to the reformat since I had most my items on the 2nd hard drive..anywho..after I did all the updates etc etc..I thought everything was ok..then when I installed my HP printer software and rebooted it crapped out and left my screen blank again and would not boot...Luckily I was smart this time and made a restore point just before the HP printer install..so when I went back to that restore point everything works fine..very weird..

I still need to play with it more I've just been working a lot so havent had the time...what I did was boot the PC into safe mode via the F8 command and restored to my last known good config files. give that a shot. restore back to the date you know you did not have this issue and see what happens.

ah thx for the reply good to know im not alone, problem gets worse last known good config dont work and neither does safe mode

ok ur gunna love this i tried to format it just stays on the part where it analyzes the hard drive and for the recovery part it just stays on the gray screen with a salt shaker like its waiting for something and doesnt change

it seems to me it may be a hard deive failure i dont know but i cant even test it on another pc because everyone i know all use IDE drives and are not set for my SATA drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom