Cannot Access Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

daymo999

Solid State Member
Hiya there,
I had installed Windows XP Professional on my laptop, i then partioned the hard drive to allow a Linux O/S to install. It was all fine then i decided i want to install another, beter version on linux, me being me, i deleted the partion using windows. It was all going fine, then i put my laptop onto hibernation so i could continue the next day. Now when i boot up, i get the GRUB error 22 code, which is that GRUB has failed to load. Because I put my laptop into hibonation, i cannot get into my BIOS to change my boot order to CD, therefore cant reinstal linux, so i cannot reinstall GRUB. So i am completly stuck. Any one got any suggestions. If not, looks like a new hard drive, which a the moment, is not a option. I dont care about have Linux any more, just want Windows. LOL. Any help well apprecaited. Thanks Daimian

I wonder if you can reset the BIOS, it would boot of the CD first. Most computer's BIOS setting by default have the CD before the hard drive.

Hiya, I have tried resetting the BIOS, but i am no sure how to, I know in a computer, its the battery, but there is no battery in a lpatop, is there? Thanks Daimian

Hiya, I have tried resetting the BIOS, but i am no sure how to, I know in a computer, its the battery, but there is no battery in a lpatop, is there? Thanks Daimian

Hey,, if you can't reset the BIOS, you can take off your hard disk and connect it to another PC as external hard disk and then you would be able to format it.

thanks mate, i will do that, becuse the hard drive wont boot in my laptop, if i take it out and use an adapter i have got, that converts 2.5 IDE hard drive to USB, could plug that in as USB on another laptop and boot that way? thanks for helping. Daimian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom