Cannot Access Extremely Important Folders

Status
Not open for further replies.

paintballphreak

Solid State Member
I'm having a pretty bad problem with one of my folders right now. A while back I did some non-destructive Windows reinstalling and stuff like that, and every time I would do the process, it would create another My Documents user, submerging my old, most used user farther and farther into folder world.

The "My Videos" folder of my original user had, well, a lot of videos in it. Quite valuable videos. Many videos taken from events I've been to, family events, etc. I can't seem to access them anywhere. I did find 2 of these videos in random folders, but I can't find the mass majority of them. There are 2 locations I think they could be in, but both of them are locked for some reason. No unlocker program works. I can't access the folders in safe mode.

Here are a couple of screen shots.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y129/SlipKnoTonKpilS/prob.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y129/SlipKnoTonKpilS/prob2.jpg

Someone please help me!

I've tried that. I've tried everything possible, I believe. No matter how many users I give full control to, and full ownership, I still cannot access it. But maybe this has something to do with it. Every time I change the owner of the folder in the owner tab, and hit apply, it will say the owner is the one I just applied, but when I hit OK, and go back into it, it says the owner is Account Unknown. It keeps going back to that. Also, on this first folder I screenshotted in the first post, there is no security tab even in safe mode.

Attachments

• unkonw.JPG
    unkonw.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 42
cut and paste everything out those folders in safe mode or use a lunix cd to do it

alright. i did what you said for some folders and cutting and pasting them to the desktop allowed me access to them. but i'm pretty sure i know exactly where all the videos are now and they're in the folder where the error reads "refers to a location that is unavailable".

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y129/SlipKnoTonKpilS/prob.jpg

cutting and pasting that folder somewhere does not allow me access. i can't get a security tab on that folder. please tell me i can do something about it!

you can go inside of the access denied folders in safe mode. cut and paste the contents inside of those folders to another folder that you can access

i can't get into the folder that the files are in. no matter if i'm in safe mode, i have full permissions, or what. it tells me the folder refers to a location that is unavailable, as shown in the screenshot.

you probably have to run checkdisc to access the first photo. you should be able to access the folder in the second photo.

download a knoppix cd or bart pe cd. boot from it. see if you get in

What exactly do you mean by photos? And, how would I use these Knoppix CD's or BartPE CD's to get into this folder?

What exactly do you mean by photos? And, how would I use these Knoppix CD's or BartPE CD's to get into this folder?

run check on that drive so it can fix the error. check both option on checkdisc.

knoppix and bartpe are bootable cds that are like Operating Systems. they can access files blocked by windows permissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom