can1t play audio cd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shravan

Beta member
hi , i have installed windows 2003 server on my laptop. the problem is that i cant play audio cd`s. windows found all my drivers but i cant play any audio cd. i can listen my mp3 musics and at the same time i cant see my external hard drive. i can see a new usb device connected but i cant find it on the "My computer". can any one help me out of this situation.

thanks

Not sure I understand what your problem is. Let me attempt to adress the issues you seem to be having:
Can't play audio CD:
What are you trying to play it with? Can you see any CD you put into it (data, ect)? Make sure that in my computer, you can right click the CD drive, hit open, that you actually see files on the disk.

Can't see external HD:
go to Start -> Run ->type compmgmt.msc -> Go to storage -> Disk managment > Find what looks to be your external HD in the list of **** devices down on the bottom, and to the right of it should be a white box that represents your partition. Right click it and hit "change Drive letter " There should be nothign in the box that coems up (if there is, look at the letter and open up my computer and go to that letter in the adress bar (View -> toolbars -> Adress bar if it is not up) and you should see your files. If the is nothign in that box (the one from computer management), then hit add and assign a letter to your drive. If should then show up in my computer.

can`t play audio cd

Thank you very much digitaloracle your advice was really help full. concerning the audio cd i can use my DVD/CD drive for any task even for burning. when it come for reading an audio cd thats the only part that does not work.

i do think that thats what you wanted to know.
as for my external drive its working at 100% thank you again for that.

bye

Shravan said:
hi , i have installed windows 2003 server on my laptop. the problem is that i cant play audio cd`s. windows found all my drivers but i cant play any audio cd. i can listen my mp3 musics and at the same time i cant see my external hard drive. i can see a new usb device connected but i cant find it on the "My computer". can any one help me out of this situation.

thanks

I took windows 2003 of of my computer for this reason. I thought that this was done on purpose and the computer was for server duty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom