can you guys help me to switch to being an administrator on my windows vista machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookie1010

Fully Optimized
Hello,

I am using windows vista, and wanetd to installan application. When i try to install the application
i get the message "you must be logged in as an adminstrator when installing this program".

Can you guys tell me how do i switch to being the administrator of the machine. the machine is not networked and i am the only user.

Re: can you guys help me to switch to being an administrator on my windows vista mach

Hello,

MMnnn...If UAC is enabled, the program should prompt for an elevation and ask you to authenticate as administrator.

Go to Control Panel > User Account > User Accounts.

(The exact location to this in explorer is Control Panel\User Accounts\User Accounts)

Click on Turn User Account control on or off. Is UAC on or off?

Go back to the User Accounts page. Click Change your account type. You should see the options 'Standard user' and 'Administrator'. Is 'Administrator' checked? If not, check it, then click on the 'Change Account Type' button and try installting the application again.

Re: can you guys help me to switch to being an administrator on my windows vista mach

if you and no one on your computer are administrators boot up in safe mode log into admin account and change your account if you cant change your account type create a new account, boot up into normal mode go into the account you just created and change your other account to admin then delete the account you dont want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom