Can you get Past a Hard Drive Password

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes that would work if there is a bios password and should work for a hard drive password as well which can be done in the bios as well. i have a Dell GX620 in my office and the bios has an option to set a seprate password to just the hard drive, but the stupid dell hard drives i have dont support this feature.

i dont understand how it can password the hard drive .. i think you are passwording the computer bootup.

this will not stop smeone from booting from CD or removing the hd to read it

well he means the bios itself more than likely, just like some people say can i add a cd burner to my cpu? They are referring to the computer itself...they just dont know

some laptops have hdd and bios passwords.

it a pain in the arse to do but here you go.

unplug it. take the laptop apart. take out the hdd, put it in another machine (laptop) and use power max to wipe it (don't use windows tools). format it as ntfs if you can

back to the laptop. take the ram and regular battery out. take the cmos battery out. touch the negative wire and the positive of the cmos to something metal like a safety pin. now if the capacitor is wired in series this won't work, but most are wire in parellel. push the power button. it won't come on but it will clear the cmos.

put both batteries back in (but no ram). turn it on. it will beep but won't start. repeat this to be sure. this will clear the ram memory. put that hdd back in. reinstall windows.

you have to do it exactly like his or it won't work because the hard drive, ram and cmos all remember that it has a password so you have to clear all 3. it you don't clear all 3, one of them will always restore the other's memory to the password

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom