Can windows upgrade be used like full version?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaximusNukeage

In Runtime
i have heard that thewindows XP upgrade can be installed like the full version if you have an old one to put in the drive, even if you never installed it. is this true?

MaximusNukeage said:
i have heard that thewindows XP upgrade can be installed like the full version if you have an old one to put in the drive, even if you never installed it. is this true?

Yes, it will work. It will ask you to mount a CD with an older version of windows. The old OS has to be upgradable to the new version. For example, a windows 2000 CD can be upgraded to Windows XP but not 95 or 98.

Yes it works this way much, software works this way. Basically you start the install using the XP upgrade CD and at one point it will scan your system and say something like no full versions of windows was found please insert a full retail version of Windows in the CD-ROM drive now so that we can validate the upgrade.

You can insert any full windows CD if I recall (Win95, win98,win2000, winNT, winME) actually I dont think ME or NT will work, but the others will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom