Can they see your convos!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you reinstall AIM if it gives you the option to delete all files associated with the application then yes that would work. If it doesnt give you that option then they would still be there.

Did you check in the Program Files folder to see if the log files were contained there?

my moms threating to have someone come to see every site and all my convos, i think shes bluffing but is there people whop do that, and is there any other suggestions for aim?

Well if the people are any good even deleting the files wont do any good.

Here is a quick explination. When you delete a file it isnt really deleted. It is just hidden from the OS till something else overwrites it on the Hard Drive. That is why even after a format some things can be recovered.

So if your mom does get someone to look at this stuff then you could be in trouble if they are any good. They might just use a file recovery application and recover the files on the hard drive.

You might be able to use a application like Eraser which does multiple sweeps over the files area. But even that isnt for sure.

I doubt he`d be some super techie he`ll just look for saved pics, and log files. I suggest having a few dummy files to make it look like harmless conversations so he doesn't know you delete them.

find some encryption software and put some password locks on your hard drive access also use an admin account and password it.

go to start>control panel>user accounts

then click on your account and choose the option to create password.

Unless your computer uses lots of different users, also if you forget your password it can cause trouble trying to get back into windows :).

If anyone else's uses your comp they would need your password unless you leave your pc on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom