Can someone please kill my curiosity!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximuss2072

Baseband Member
Okay... well being the newbie in software that i am, i came into contact with xp media centre edition.

now ive got xp pro on my system and im trying to find out:

i saw that media centre thing and it looks really cool but I cant seem to find out if u can get a version maybe some hacked version of media centre for regular xp???
i mean think how cool it would be

please help me out!!!!!!

Discussion of hacking and warez is not allowed on Tech-Forums, so asking will only get you in a lot of trouble.

I can tell you that the media center edition is just XP Pro with the media center added on.

I don't know if there is a separate way to get the media center, but I haven't really seen the use of it myself.

I think it's a mix of home and pro because MC doens't like to network properly.

Actually Trotter is right. MCE is just XP Pro with the Media Center added in. I have not had any issues running it on any network. But i have had issue with running Home on my network.

There is 3rd party applications that you can get that will get you the Media Center add on. Just google for them. No reason to upgrade from Pro to MCE. Just use of those add ons.

media portal is free.

they have a bartpe cd that will let you convert a regular xp to mce. mce is xp pro except it can't join domains. But I can show you how to do that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom