Can someone help me interpret the BSOD error messages please? - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 02-24-2008, 08:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
Lookin' for higher ground
Default Ok, cool! I will try the repair from my XP disc. Thanks again!!!

Originally Posted by Makaveli213 View Post
The deal at Fry's is iffy at best. Reason is because it is a refurb. Who know why it had to be refurbished. At the same time they could have fixed the issue. Or it could jsut fry out again. Pun intended.

Well the first option i would say here. Try a Windows Repair.

Insert the XP Disc. Hot enter to isntall windows after it loads. From there you hit F8 to agree to the EULA. After that it should scan the system looking for a old Windows install. Here it should find you current install. At this point you should see in the option to hit "R" to Repair. Do that.

The repair will remove all the Widnows files and reload them. So it will seem like the system was freshly installed when it wasnt. Your apps and everything should still work jsut fine. there are very few cases where a repair messed up some apps.

Try that. See if that does anything for you.
Ok Makaveli! I will try the XP disc and attempt the Repair. Again, I appreciate your time and effort in helping me to resolve this issue on my new build. I hope all is well with you!

Thanks also for your advice on that Fry's computer. I will definitely hold off on it. Hopefully this repair will fix the problem.

Have a great day!

Closed Thread