Can not update , code 0x645 , windos 8 advisor doesnot work too

Battal Gazi

In Runtime
Hello. I have windows xp sp3. I have windows 7 and 8 , i have them in my computer. I downloaded from my university's site, that is legal.

My computer is old and this xp has a lot of problems. So , i want to install 7 or 8. I wanted to format, deleting everything but i saw, i could upgrade without losing some programs and my data. So idecided to upgrade.

Is it true? I wont lose my for example browser cache history etc, my desktop?

SO, i downloaded windows 7 8 upgrade advisor. 7 told i can upgrade. But windowes 8 doesnot work. So i looked for it and suggestion was to look upgrade history if there was errors. I knew there were a lot of errors. One of is 0x645 , framework upgrade.

For that, suggestion was to use fixit program. But that program deosnot work too. The error is, "there was an error, please tyr again later. code 800090008"

I can delete all my data after backuping to external, can format but i want to upgrade and see if my pc gets faster.

SO i am waiting helps. I dont want to nomore upgrade this copmputer, just to use windows8 advisor.

my pc has xp sp 3
2.8 ghz pentium 4
1.5 ram ddr
128 or 64 mb gpu

Like that.

You will lose your browser history, cache and desktop. Since the desktop in XP is nothing at all like Win7 or Win8.

Not to mention there is no direct upgrade path from XP to anything other than Vista. To upgrade to Windows 7 or Windows 8 will require a clean install.

The Win8 upgrade advisor does work. I used it myself.

According to the site, you dont qualify for 1 reason. Not enough RAM.

Upgrade to Windows 8 - Microsoft Windows

You need 2GB of RAM to use Windows 8. You dont have it, which is most likely why the advisor is not working for you. Looks like you will have to go to Win7.

Back
Top Bottom