Can no longer set-up POP access to email addresses in Outlook 2016 Desktop version! Please help

Azam.biz

Baseband Member
I have been using Outlook 2016 and previous desktop versions on my computer for nearly 15 years. Not had problems setting up email accounts with POP access, apart from the usual headaches one suffers with Microsoft's software.

However, since a recent Microsoft update, I can't set-up any email address with POP3 access! The only option is IMAP.

I've tried absolutely everything. Other people online have stated they are having the same problem and I've tried the workaround, such as using "Repair" on the email address in question after it's been set-up to switch it to POP account type, but nothing works.

There is no option anywhere at all to set-up via POP when setting-up or trying to edit an email address:

7078dca5-115f-44c4-b59b-4cde7cea0d96

f087c9ec-12eb-4600-a6a9-7ffbab054135

Please help!

Thank you.

Don't select Change Account, setup a new account, Advanced > tick "let me setup my account manually" option, then when prompted select POP. Works for me? Or what do you see when you get to this step?

Don't select Change Account, setup a new account, Advanced > tick "let me setup my account manually" option, then when prompted select POP. Works for me? Or what do you see when you get to this step?

Thank you for your kind response.

I've been using Outlook for more than 15 years and have probably set-up well over 100 POP accounts in that type, so I'm not a newbie. As I mentioned in my post, Microsoft have messed everything up since a recent automatic update.

Here is the first page when one tries to add a new account and, as you can see, the "Advanced" link has disappeared!

c273790d-4c33-4e72-afe9-1b0d003f4fdd

There is no longer a "let me setup my account manually" option :(

Any ideas?

Thank you for your kind response.

I've been using Outlook for more than 15 years and have probably set-up well over 100 POP accounts in that type, so I'm not a newbie. As I mentioned in my post, Microsoft have messed everything up since a recent automatic update.

Here is the first page when one tries to add a new account and, as you can see, the "Advanced" link has disappeared!

c273790d-4c33-4e72-afe9-1b0d003f4fdd

There is no longer a "let me setup my account manually" option :(

Any ideas?

Sorry I never replied! I had a look and couldn't find anyone with the same issue you have, nor could I find any other screenshot of a setup page exactly like that. I can only offer the usual suggestions that you've probably already tried lol. Assuming you're using the autoconfig xml thingo, delete the downloaded folders and do another /download fresh, then uninstall 365 completely from the client PC including renaming the folders in appdata, then run the /configure job on the client pc. I can't see any reason anything other than the normal setup happening unless you're using a weirdly setup autoconfig xml or have some strange gpos in place mb? Dunno

Back
Top Bottom