Can no longer download?

Status
Not open for further replies.

welsh

In Runtime
First of all HELP!

Now that is out the way, I have an unusual problem. I can no longer download anything using internet explorer or Firefox 3. The 2 browsers I have installed on my computer. (Windows Vista OS). I click to download something, it appears to download and then I go to open it and its not there, I right click from the download manager and 1/2 of the options are grayed out. I got 25gb on each hard drive free so its not a matter of space. This is what it looks like:

http://www.welshh.com/images/random/Screen-20080715-230915.jpg

This has to be one of the most annoying things I've ever come across and haven't got a sweet clue what is causing it, any help would be greatly appreciated! Back to Google search's to see if I can find anything. I cant even re download FF3 to reinstall it :S

when you download something where are you saving it to?

Check you firefox settings and make sure you select 'always ask me where to save files'

Save the file to a drive which isn't full and see if the problem is still there.

Still there, trying to save to my desktop, it has 25gb free. Tried to my D drive, 25gb free there.

You obviously have a working internet connection in all other respects. However, if both browsers are experiencing the exact same problem, I doubt it's a problem with the configuration of the browsers.

When did you first start getting this problem? and did you install or re-configure anything before?

Did you check with Windows Explorer to see if the files downloaded or not? It's possible that you're not having trouble downloading files, but rather just opening and running them. Open the download directory in Windows Explorer to see if the downloaded files are there. If they are there, then you need to figure out why you can't open them. Maybe it's a permissions issue.

You obviously have a working internet connection in all other respects. However, if both browsers are experiencing the exact same problem, I doubt it's a problem with the configuration of the browsers.

When did you first start getting this problem? and did you install or re-configure anything before?
First got this problem about a week ago or so max, but as far as I'm aware I haven't installed anything that would affect this. As to re-configuring I don't think so, I ran CC cleaner a day or two ago but I don't think that would of caused it.

Did you check with Windows Explorer to see if the files downloaded or not? It's possible that you're not having trouble downloading files, but rather just opening and running them. Open the download directory in Windows Explorer to see if the downloaded files are there. If they are there, then you need to figure out why you can't open them. Maybe it's a permissions issue.
They aren't physically there, I check the folder to see if its there, I have even switched folders to where it downloads. Even switched to what drive it downloads too. And as to permissions the folder I'm trying to download to appears to have full permissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom