Can No Longer Boot up Vista!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katmandu

In Runtime
I accidently damaged the Boot sector of a Vista partion on my harddrive (C: ) (don't ask...). Now I can no longer boot to this partition!

I was able to install XP on another partition on this harddrive (D: ) and access some of my files.

The Repair option on the Vista install disc FAILED to fix the MBR. I ran it at least (10) times

Also, I have been "trying" to load Windows 7 on the C: Partition and I'm running into a big problem.

At this point I think I'm going to give up trying to repair the Vista boot files and try to install Windows 7 in it's place.

When I go to install Windows 7 (to REFORMAT the Vista partion), I have been unsucessful.

The partition (#1) with my Vista files is actually my C: Drive (with the unbootable Vista files).

My D: Drive is the 2nd partition and is running XP. This partition is only 10GB in size and it's almost FULL! I need to larger partition ASAP!

Anyways, when I put in the Windows 7 install disc, it boots and STOPS at a point asking for a CD-Rom driver. ??? From what I can tell, there IS a CD Rom driver in place already.

I can NOT even get to the point of seeing the C: and D: Partitions in order to manipulate them!

I'll take a Screen Shot of the point where Windows 7 Stops loading and post it here.

(See Attached Pics)

When I search any and all medias THOUROUGHLY for a CDROM driver I get this message below OR the PC just hangs in a searching loop.

Should I give up and just "try" to find a way to REFORMAT the C: Partition ??

I do NOT want to lost the D: Partition that is currently running XP and running great.

Ideas ?

Attachments

• 1226092131-01 (Custom).jpg
    1226092131-01 (Custom).jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 41
  • 1226092135-00 (Custom).jpg
    1226092135-00 (Custom).jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 41
Have you tried using Gparted to format the partition you want to install 7 on?
No, but it did use EASEUS Partition Manager Home Edition.

I was able to repartion the C : Drive, but no able to do anything with the D : Drive.

I also found a way to Re-Install Vista on the 1st Partition of the C : Drive.

I unsuccesful at loading Windows 7 on the new Partition. I get the SAME issue as above. It STOPS loading and asks for the CDRom driver. I've searched/browsed relentlessly and can NOT get past this point.

???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom