Can Kazaa spyware really be removed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlowBitTorrent

Solid State Member
There are a lot of apps claiming to remove Kazaa spyware, but is it true, can I be totally sure I'm safe from the spyware? Are there any 100% reliable spyware-removers for Kazaa? My guess is no, but it could happen.

if Adaware and Spybot S&D doesn't remove the crap then your probably stuck with it. If your going to be using P2P progs and they have spyware then use one that has stuff that can be removed once permanently i.e. Bearshare

Sure you can.

1. Uninstall any found programs in Add/Remove concerning adware you know comes from Kazaa (like gain, gator, etc.)

2. Remove any folders etc. left behind after uninstall

3. Go into yer registry and remove the folders containing the keys associated with those apps.

4. Reboot.

I have Diet K updated and everything also have "Bazooka" spyware scanner, plus Adaware, but I'm not sure if I'm really safe, can they not sneak spyware in besides those programs? I'm using it anyway, I have little to hide but still want my privacy.

yeah I would go with what OIDanTheManIO said. kazaa lite has no ads and no spyware and connects to the same servers that kazaa is on.

I think if you go to the site you have to pay but there is a free version out somewhere on the web. You just have to find it. if you give me your email I can send it to u.

NeoNemesis - regardless of what Kazaa does/is, you should still watch talking about ripping them off

And SlowBit, welcome to the Internet. No, you can never be TOTALLY sure you aren't getting spiffed (unless you cut yerself off from the web completely). I've done a lot of work in some very secure places, and with all the firewalls and protocols, they still get the occasional bit of spam/spyware/malware/etc. There's a point when you gotta look at what's practical (as far as your enjoyment level and reality) and what is bordering paranoia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom