Can I use SP3 for now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mesean

Baseband Member
My friend that got a supposedly legit edition of SP3 now has it loaded on his computer. It works fine and even shows up as SP3.
It loads up without key codes and shows a picture of a Nissan Skyline. My friend wants to get Vista when it comes out and doesn't really want to waste the money for SP2 now when Vista is only a year out. How bad is it for him to run this for now and then put Vista on his PC after he gets it? If it does in fact have all of these spyware problems, will it cause any damage or problems?

that sounds fishy sp3 i thought microshaft was useing all its resources on vista i mean of course the pathces will come out but no large service packs.

why does everyone want sp3 before its officially realeased? is it really THAT good that you cant wait?

Let me clarify that my friend just built a computer and had no OS.
Someone gave him a disk with a complete OS that says SP3. It's not that he want's it, he got it for free and that beats shelling out $150 for WinXPSp2 that he won't use anymore when Vista comes out anyway.

I never heard of this SP3??? is it a service pack for windows Vista or what.....

Anyway when you put Vista on his PC you will have to reformat right? So what does it matter?

SP3 is a service pack for Windows XP that is supposed to come out next year. My friend is only worried that it might cause some kind of damage.

Well your friend has a right to worry. If it is the SP3 that i am thinking of, the one from TheHotFix.net, then that contains some spyware and stuff like that.

There is no "Official" SP3 out yet. They are just starting the Beta phases of it now. So your firend might not a fully legit XP.

As for the comments on Vista that isnt gonna happen either. Vista isnt gonna run on to much of todays hardware. He wil need to get a new Video Card that is DX10. Not like todays cards that are DX9.

Also they are talking about making DDR3 RAM. This will be highly used in Vista machines. This is still in talks as DDR3 RAM is still not finished yet. But since Vista inst due until next year they might have it ready in time.

SP3 doesn't exist yet not the one from Microsoft yet considering SP3 will have features from Vista I find it difficult for SP3 to be completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom