can I use my XP disk on my friends puter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMD6415

In Runtime
my friend is having a bunch of problems with his computer and he was wondering if I could look at it and maybe reinstall XP for him and start new. Now the problem is he doesn't have his reinstall disk for XP anymore so I was wondering if I could use mine? I got it with my computer when I got it from Ibuypower.com and I have used it before but I don't know if I can use it on his because it asked for a license key thing... and mine was from Ibuypower.com and his is a gateway if I remember right. Its just a reinstall disk so that's why I'm thinkin it will work but then again it asked for the license so I'm not sure... will this work?

If you have an oem copy of the correct version (ie home or pro) that matches the one listed on the serial key tag on his computer (assuming it has one. A gateway should) you will be just fine.

Of course you will use your disk with their serial. Not yours because that would not work as you cannot have 2 computers installed with your serial.

Sorry man, that's illegal. One license per computer unless otherwise permitted by Microsoft.

edit: unless you go the way that Hefe said :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom