Can I use HP notebook XP operating system on my HP desktop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychobob

Beta member
IÂ’m sorry I have to post a whole new topic for this question, but I need an answer before I do something stupid.

I have a HP desktop computer, and I want to know if I can install the Windows XP operating system that came with my HP notebook on the HP desktop?

yes, you can install any version of XP on any desktop computer.

However, there may be bundled software (works, photoshop) that is made for HP, but they are both HP computers.

Thank you.

That has been a big BIG help. I know it was an easy question, but I'm not worldly in the matter of computers.

Can I also use my HP notebook driverÂ’s disk on my HP desktop?

Once again thank you.

This is a yes or no answer.

Is the CD you have a recovery cd or a full XP cd?

If its a full XP CD, yes you can.

If its a recovery CD, no you can because its an image of your HP and if you try to install it on the other computer/laptop, it wont work because the drivers are different.

ItÂ’s been a while since I posted but IÂ’m having a problem that is likely related to the graphic drivers.

The drivers are on a separate disks intended for my laptop. They wonÂ’t install on my desktop, but the operating system went on fine. I can get the correct drivers from the HP website and install them on my computer that way, but will they be compatible with the XP operating system that was meant for the laptop?

They should take if you get them downloaded to the desktop and installed.

But everyone here forgot to mention the whole M$ thing with new motherboard means a new OS. I wont get into details on that since the question has already been answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom