Can I repair Win XP using Recovery Disk? having several problems and dont know cause!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawan AbuSalman

Daemon Poster
Hi,
I am facing several problems on my laptop...and I don't know the cause...so the best way I thought is to try to repair windows...

But someone told me that I cant repair windows with a recovery cd...I need the original win xp disk...(my laptop had win xp installed when i got it, and a Windows XP Recovery CD came with it...something like "only for distribution with Fujitsu Siemens Laptops" was writtien on it.. I guess just like what comes with most laptops...

Anyways, is it possible to use that disk to repair win xp? (without loosing any files, data, programs installed....) or I can only re-install (after format)?

Some of the wierd things I am getting are:
1. When I try to open Windows Media Player, I get an error mesage saying that an internal error has occured and hte player doesnt open...I tried reinstalling, downloaded another version, downloaded an older version and still doesnt work!

2. When I click on Organize Favorites, I get an error msg saying: An error has occured in this dialog
Error: 352
Invalid Class String

3.When I click on Start>Search or when I open a folder and click the saerch icon near Favorites, the toolbar on the left appears but it is all empty!! just the blue color...nothing else!! so basiclaly i cant search for any file on my comp right now!!

Please...if anyone knows the sollution to ayny of these problems!!! i would be grateful! cuz the thing is just getting on my nerves!!!!
If not, then can i try repairing XP? (if i can with the recovery disk, will it solve the problems or not?)

Thanx a million...

Hi,
Thank you for your reply...

If you meant what did i do to my computer...then nothing!!

im not sure if they all happened at the same time...but i noticed them gradually....

i noticed the media player first...then, after a copule of days i noiced the favorites thingy...and just now (b4 I posted) i noticed the search thingy...!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom