Can i record a live stream?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spud5437

In Runtime
I'm wondering can anyone help, I'm looking for software to record a life stream. My mate is studing an online course that has a 2 hour online live stream every other week but he will be missing next weeks as we are going on my stag party. Is there a program that will record the stream for him, and be set to start at a time and all that?

I second the use of Camtasia. FRAPS generally takes up WAY, WAY too much space when recording. Like, four minutes of 1280x720 is like 10GB.

Have you thought about asking for a copy of the stream from the people running the course.
I work with a lot of Universities and a lot of them don't just stream the lectures they also record them, even if they don't make them available for download afterwards.

It will work with anything that is on screen. You can pick and choose a region to record, create your own custom region or have it just record everything that is on screen. The only issue I could see with doing it with games is that the options to start recording and stop are F9 and F10, this could cause some issues with games that use those buttons for other functions. You might have to remap the game keys so it doesn't interfere with Camtasia.

Awesome, don't think I have any games that really use F9 & F10 and if so I would just, like you said, change em in the game.

I will be downloading the trial and test it out, thanks for the info.

can these be set up to start recordering the stream at a time? we are going away on the wednesday, stream is on friday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom