Can I install Windows 7 on one SSD, and Windows 8 on another and use both?

I've done it before, and also have something similar on my laptop. 2 HDD's in my laptop, each with 2 OS's (was due to size limitations of my original drive, and then added a secondary drive). Win7 Pro + Ubuntu 10.04 on the first, and Win 7 HP + BackTrack 5 R2 on the second.

carnage,

Ok, I will give it a try. Wow, 4 OS's....sounds like quite an experiment!

I hope my experiment works well!

Windows 7 Ultimate and Windows 7 Professional...each installed on a separate Intel SSD.

We will see how it works....

Does anyone else have any more hints for me before I try this experiment?

Thanks again!

Soar

Wasn't really much of an experiment. Had transferred over my Win7 Pro install from my other laptop onto this laptop. Installed Ubuntu for a class. Had Win7 HP already on the drive that came with this laptop, and I installed BackTrack for fun.

Carn,

I installed Windows 8 Professional last night on a new computer I just finished building for me dad. It installed really fast. When I attempted to install Windows XP [I was trying to install XP so I could do an upgrade to Windows 7], I received for the first time ever, non-stop BSOD's!

Not sure why that would happen.

Anyway, after installing Windows 8, Microsoft prompted me to install over 600MB of updates!

So, for now, all is good!

I will update later on how this works out. I will drive tonight to my dad's house for Thanksgiving and to give him his new, hot, sophisticated, intelligent looking, cutting edge Windows 8 powered computer. I hope he likes it!

Soar

PS I feel like a mad scientist...testing Windows 8 on my 80 year old dad! I hope it doesn't drive him mad!

Back
Top Bottom